NRFSA provides students with exclusive education and networking opportunities to build a career path in one of the most innovative and exciting industries in the world.
- Networking opportunities - NRFSA members can sign up to be part of an exclusive NRFSA LinkedIn group, and can attend specially organized events with NRF retail members and recruiters.
- Recognition - Retailers are always looking for criteria that makes one candidate stand out among the others. Affiliation with the world’s largest retail trade association, the National Retail Federation, sets students apart. Be sure to include “National Retail Federation Student Association member” on your resume!
- Discounted attendance at Retail’s BIG Show - NRFSA members can attend Retail’s BIG Show, January 13-16, 2013 in New York City, for world class educational sessions with industry leaders, access to top retail CEOs, and a networking session with recruiters from major retail companies at a substantially-reduced student rate. Students who are not part of NRFSA must pay the full delegate rate.
- Scholarships - NRFSA members are eligible for NRF Foundation scholarships, including the Ray M. Greenly Scholarship, which awards hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to deserving retail students at schools across the country. Please see here for more information about scholarships.
- Industry News - Members can sign up to receive daily and weekly news designed and delivered to people working in the industry, including:
NRF SmartBrief - daily e-newsletter delivering retail news
NRF Global SmartBrief - daily e-newsletter delivering global retail news
Shop.org SmartBrief - daily e-newsletter delivering digital retail commerce news
STORES Digital Edition - electronic version of STORES Magazine
STORES Weekly - e-newsletter alerting readers to new stories available on STORES.org, industry trends and product and service provider news
College and University Partner Benefits
NRF Foundation’s College and University Partners are the key educators building retail’s emerging leaders. By partnering with the NRF Foundation, schools have access to developments and research in the industry and prominent connections with the NRF Foundation’s Employer Partners.
Partnership highlights include:
- Scholarship opportunities - The NRF Foundation administers the Ray M. Greenly Scholarship Fund. Current College and University Partners are eligible to nominate one student for a $5,000 scholarship and stipend to attend Retail’s BIG Show. Find out more about the Ray M. Greenly Scholarship Fund.
- Discounted attendance at Retail’s BIG Show - Faculty and staff can attend Retail’s BIG Show, in New York City, January 13-16, 2013 for world class educational sessions with industry leaders, exclusive networking opportunities with retail recruiters and dedicated access to some of the top retail CEOs in the country. College and University Partners will receive one free Educator pass to the Show. The discounted student rate is ONLY available to NRFSA members. Students from other schools (who are not NRF Foundation partners) must pay the full delegate attendance fee.
- NRFSA membership - Along with dozens of other schools from across the country, the NRF Foundation’s College and University Partners who are part of the NRF Student Association are recognized by top retailers as the source of tomorrow’s retail leaders. Our partners can offer an unlimited number of NRFSA memberships to their students.
- Standing out among the crowd - Partner's website, program description, and logo are all featured on the NRF Foundation website, and the NRF Foundation’s communication outlets announce the partnership to enhance visibility to retailers and prospective students, potentially increasing the quantity and quality of their student applicant pool.